Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Lost Boy, by Tim Green

Lost Boy by Tim Green is a story about a boy named Ryder Strong and his mother. Ryder's mom, Ruby, got into a terrible accident one night, and the surgeries needed to help her cost way more than they had. With help from the firefighter, Doyle, who's truck hit Ruby, and Ryder's old neighbor, Mr. Starr, they had to raise a lot of money to pay for his mom's surgeries. Along with that, if Ryder figured out who his father was, who he had never met, he might get the money from him instead. 

Ryder experiences many adventures in order to figure out the mystery of who his father is, in order to save his mom. I found this book very interesting, and fun to read. First off, I enjoyed the book because it involves baseball, although it is not the main factor of the story. The story is full of hope and mystery throughout Ryder's adventures, which I enjoyed mainly. This book is one of a few, that when I pick it up, I don't want to put it back down. 

The only dislike I have of the book is that I was upset that Ryder's mom was getting closer and closer to dying, but it made me more anxious to keep reading and see if she'd be saved. In my opinion, the author, Tim Green, did a great job making the readers want to keep reading. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read an amazing story about hope and mystery, not just if you're a fan of baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment