Wednesday, March 23, 2016

First and Then, by Emma Mills

            First & Then is a contemporary, standalone novel by Emma Mills. It centers on a high school senior, Devon, and her cousin Foster. Foster is quirky and unique who happens to have a talent for football, which is discovered in his period gym class with Devon and the star football player Ezra. This results in Foster and Ezra becoming a part of Devon’s everyday life. This novel is about love with the people you would never expect it with.

           
I really enjoyed this book. Devon was relatable to me because she is dealing with the same things as every other high school senior: Where do I want to go to college? What do I want to do with my life? But of course there was a little more flare to her life then the average teenager. I was never bored while reading this book and I flew through it. I loved the three main characters because they each had something to offer to the story. The ending to this book left me wanting more, but it was nice to be able to imagine what Foster, Devon and Ezra are doing now. If you enjoy books like I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson, you will definitely like this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment