Monday, November 30, 2015

Grounded: The Adventures of Rapunzel, Megan Morrison

When I was browsing the New Book section of the library, this book caught my eye. Grounded: The Adventures of Rapunzel by Megan Morrison was a very interesting book. It was a twist on the story of Rapunzel. In this book, Rapunzel is a young, innocent girl who lives in a tower. Witch, who is basically her mother, tells her that everyone and everything on the ground is evil. 

A young boy named Jack (from the tale Jack and the Beanstalk) climbs up her tower and forces Rapunzel to come down with him. Together, they discover the secrets of Rapunzel’s past and try to save Jack’s sister from a giant. I liked this book. The author used good vocabulary that was easy (but not too easy) to understand. 

Even though the plot was fairly complicated, I could follow the plot easily. The characters were well-developed so I knew a lot about each character’s personality. There were many plot twists so the book stayed interesting. I would recommend this book to someone who likes fairy tales because this book took a few well-known fairy tales, combined them, and added their own personal twist to it. I would definitely recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment