Monday, April 6, 2015

Miss Peregrine's Home Peculiar Children

Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs is about a boy named Jacob who has an unnatural ability and is different from other children. Jacob is a boy in high school. When he was younger, Jacob’s grandfather, Abe, would tell him stories about his life when he was younger. 

Jacob believed these to be fairy tales, but however, they were not. A while after his grandfather’s death, which traumatized Jacob, he realized that he too had a special ability like his grandfather. He was able to see the monsters. This made him very different from other children. I really liked this book. 

I found that it was very entertaining and hard to put down. Although it is a fiction story, it incorporated thrill and suspense into the book at the same time. I cannot directly relate to Jacob, because I don’t have a supernatural ability. But, I am sure he felt scared and bold during different parts of the story. Also, he was proud of himself for how far he has come. I would recommend this book to any teen reader who enjoys a good story that is interesting and has a little bit of thrill.



No comments:

Post a Comment