Friday, March 6, 2015

Damaged, by Amy Reed

Damaged by Amy Reed is the novel that I chose to review. This book is about a teenage girl named Kinsey who's best friend Camille died in a car crash, in which Kinsey was driving. Kinsey completely shuts down, dwelling on the fact that the death of her best friend was "all her fault". All Kinsey wants is to be left alone, but her late best friend's boyfriend Hunter has different plans. 

Hunter, who was also in the crash that night, is known to be very mysterious. No matter how much Kinsey tries to forget about her past, Camille always finds a way to come back and haunt her in her dreams. Together, Kinsey and Hunter run away to San Francisco. As they try to run away from the past, it always seems to catch up to them.

 I liked this book a lot because it kept me very intrigued, and I always wanted to know what happened next. It was extremely interesting to watch Kinsey break down, but at the same time keep herself together. I loved how it was romantic, thrilling, haunting, and mysterious at the same time. I loved the plot twist and the way the author described the characters. Lastly, I loved how the author described Camille in Kinsey's nightmares. I would definitely recommend this book to teen readers who are looking for thrilling, yet romantic books. This novel has it all, from drama to action, and ghosts to romance. Damaged would surely keep young adult readers on their toes because of the jaw dropping plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment