Thursday, February 5, 2015

Teen Angst, Ned Vizzini

“Teen Angst? Naaah…” is written by Ned Vizzini about his entire teenage life. Ned is an average teenager, attacking daily battles with school, parents, friends, fame, and lots more. In this quasi-autobiography, Ned tells readers about the problems of high school and the additional misfortunes that he faced, using intellect, sarcasm, and honesty. This excellent story was very amusing and gratifying to read. It’s been a while since I’ve read such a refreshing book. 

I was hooked to every word that was written. I think it also made me feel good about myself, knowing that there are also other people out there that feel the same way that I do. I think it’s great that a book like this has been published. A lot of people can relate to this story, I think.

 I believe that everyone has gone through tough times and faced problems like Ned’s. I think young adults can relate this story the most, seeing as this anthology of essays takes place during Ned’s high school career. However, this compilation of battles can leave anyone cackling and guffawing, no matter how old you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment