Friday, October 3, 2014

Crash into You, by Katie McGarry

Crash Into You, by Katie McGarry is a story about two people from opposite sides of town but both share the love of cars. Rachel goes to private school and lives in a nice house but hides her love of cars from her family. Isaiah is a foster child who had been in and out of different homes his whole life. They come across each other in an unexpected situation, and get caught up with Eric, a gang leader. 

When Eric thinks that Rachel stole money from him, Rachel and Isaiah have to get the money fast to pay the debt that Eric claims he is owed. They drag race to get the money, but sparks from the cars won’t be the only ones flying. Personally, I really liked this book. It had both romance and action. It also discussed some family and personal issues that the characters had. 

Although I couldn't relate to these problems, I really felt like I was going through them with the characters. This book showed me that you shouldn’t judge a person by what you see on the outside. Before you pass judgments, you should always get to know the person. I would recommend this book to teenage girls. Although the main characters were seventeen years old, I believe that that thirteen year old girls, such as myself, could understand the book and enjoy taking the “ride” with these characters.

Lauren Cherkin 

No comments:

Post a Comment