Thursday, May 15, 2014

Kethchup Clouds

The book The Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher, is about a fifteen year old girl named Zoe who is keeping a dark secret from everybody. The only person she feels comfortable confessing her secret to is Stuart Harris, who is locked up on death row in Texas. It all starts one night when Zoe is at a party and finds herself staring into the sparkling eyes of Aaron, a quiet boy whose personality completes Zoe. Later that night, Zoe lands into the arms of the popular boy, Max. 

Zoe loves being with Max, but can’t seem to get Aaron out of her head. Zoe begins to go out with Max until she finds out that Max and Aaron are brothers. The outcome of this situation leads to betrayal and death. This book appealed to me because it is suspenseful and has lots of plot twists. While I can’t relate to the situation that the protagonist, Zoe gets herself into I can relate to the struggles she faces in her relationships with boyfriends. 

In my life I feel lucky that I have many people that I can confide in. Zoe’s secret is so serious that she feels the only person she can turn to is someone she doesn’t know and will probably never meet. Many teens, like Zoe, feel alone when they get themselves into trouble and have difficulties trusting others. The ending of this novel really completes the whole book and took me by surprise. 

I would recommend this book to anyone that likes a suspicious and dramatic novel and to any teen looking for a good read. I would recommend this book because it is very entertaining and hard to put down. Every letter that Zoe writes to Stuart will make you more eager for what is to com

-Ava Meneri

No comments:

Post a Comment