Friday, December 13, 2013

Imposter, by Susanne Winnacker

I just finished reading the novel Impostor by Susanne Winnacker and I thought it was an amazing book! however, there were some small details that I did not like. The book always left me wanting to keep reading until the very end. I never knew what was going to happen next. It was like every page was a whole new mystery. Sometimes I thought that Susanne over did the emotion like she kept going on and on about how much pain Tessa was in. Basically the book is about this girl named Tessa. She is a variant because she has a power to do something abnormal. Tessa can shape-shift into someone else’s body but it would still be her mind and emotions. Within the plot there is a killer and he has killed seven people already. Tessa has a mission to find who the killer is. Tessa is part of the FEA, which is an organization for all variants who know they are different from others. Tessa gets this mission from Major, the leader of the FEA. She is going to take the body of the last victim of the killer. When Tessa first becomes Madison, the last victim she is frightened and nervous about revealing herself. After a while this girl Francesca in Madison’s school is having a party so Madison goes. At the party there is a lot of action. I can’t say anything more. I would recommend this book to someone who likes mystery/horror/adventure kind of books. I say this because this book has a lot of twists and turns and some parts are really scary but it’s also so cool to read the entire action happening. If you like to be surprised while you are reading, then this is the book for you. I hope you will read the Impostor some day!

-Simran Awan, Grade 7

No comments:

Post a Comment