Sunday, June 10, 2012

First Day on Earth by Cecil Castellucci

The book that I'm reviewing is called First Day On Earth by Cecil Castellucci. This book is about a teenage boy, Mal. He claims that he has been abducted by aliens and that they are watching him. He waits for the day in which they will come back for him and he will be "free". He is very unhappy with his life, which is why he wants to abandon earth and live among extraterrestrials. At school he is constantly judged and completely misunderstood. He has problems at home like how his Dad left, and how his mother drinks then passes out and forgets to eat. He wants to escape this life. Will the aliens ever come back for him? Was he even really abducted aliens? Do aliens exist? Is he even telling the truth?

I really, really liked this book! Its actually one of my favorites.  I love the whole plot and creativity of it all. I'm very sympathetic to Mal's character because he is actually a very kind, gentle person even though he looks completely the opposite on the outside. He is so misunderstood that you feel bad and just want to tell everybody (in the book) who he really is. He's been through a lot and feels so alone that when he talks about leaving and being free, you really can't blame him. I also really liked the ending. It was very unexpected and surprising and just a good way to end the book. I would definitely recommend this book. I feel like evrybody can relate to a situation or character in this book. You don't have to be into space, alien type of books to read this one. This book actually isn't all about space, alien things. This book is more of a lesson. I really like this book and everybody should read it.

~Femi, Teen Book Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment