Sunday, May 27, 2012

Torn by Margaret Peterson Haddix

I recently finished the book Torn by Margaret Peterson Haddix. In this book, a boy Jonah and his sister Katherine are sent back in the past to 1611, on the last voyage of Henry Hudson. Jonah is a child who was pulled out of the past and brought to the 21st century by illegal time travelers, who shouldn't have done what they did. When Jonah is sent on this mission, he doesn't expect to be out of communication with his futuristic helper, JB. Jonah also doesn't expect to have to deal with time paradoxes, which can be threatening to the world itself, past and future. Worst of all, Jonah even has to take on the roll of John Hudson, who is Henry Hudson's son. Throughout this exciting story, Jonah is forced to make decisions the way he thought John Hudson would make them. If Jonah makes a mistake, he can jeopardize time itself. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a thrilling sci-fi historical novel. I hugely look forward to reading the next book in this wonderful series.

~Adam, Teen Book Reviewer

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a terrific start! I can remember the very first Comment post that I wrote,
    and it was nothing like as good as this one.
    I use my own blog as a way of sharing my thoughts on items that catch my interest.
    I blog at irregular intervals. Other people update the blogs very regularly,
    and the subjects range from work to family.
    airbrush t-shirts

    ReplyDelete