Monday, May 7, 2012

Battle Fatigue by Mark Kurlansky

The book that I reviewed is Battle Fatigue by Mark Kurlansky. Battle Fatigue was about a boy named Joel Bloom who lives in Haley. Ever since he was young he was always told that he would go to war. All the men in his neighborhood went to war. The thing is, he doesn't want to serve in the Vietnam War. He doesn't believe in killing people. He tried to be a Conscientious objector(person who refuses to serve in war) but he was turned down. His two choices now are to serve in the Vietnam War or to go to Canada and leave all his loved ones behind. It all comes down to this. This book definitely taught me more about war. However, I personally did not like the book. I picked this book because it sounded interesting but as I kept reading on and on it keeps talking about what war puts people through and how it changes people forever and I didn't like that. I would recommend this book if you are interested in learning about war but if you're more into happy-ending type of books I wouldn't recommend it.
~Femi, Teen Book Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment