Monday, April 9, 2012

How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend by Gary Ghislain

I just read How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend by Gary Ghislain. In the book a boy named David's father takes in another patient who needs psychiatric help. David eventually finds out that her name is Zelda and she is from another planet called Vahalala. Her mission is to retrieve the chosen one and bring him back to her planet. Unsurprisingly the chosen one is Johnny Depp. David and Zelda through the book become great friends and trust each other. Zelda has an embedded key back to her planet and time is running out until it expires. David, Zelda and David's stepsister, Malou, all go on an incredible adventure being chased on rooftops, bitten by rottweilers and even stealing police cars! The plot made a turnaround when David woke up one morning and Zelda was gone. Then he noticed that he had the key to Vahalala! Zelda must have transferred it to him in his sleep. David really misses Zelda and wishes she would come back and help him to win against the other Valks (Vahalala people). Fortunately with Zelda in his mind the whole time he saves himself against the Valks.

This is one of my favorite books mainly because of the element of keeping me on my toes and the difference of it. The author made real emotions for the readers to feel the pain or joy of a character. If you are a person who likes to read fantasy love stories you will most likely love this book like I did. It is a very detailed book and I would even read it again.
~Sean, Teen Book Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment