Friday, March 2, 2012

Stupid Fast by Geoff Herbach

Stupid Fast is about a high school boy named Felton who is picked on and made fun of. He faces problems at school and only has one friend. But at home, he is happy living with his mother and brother. His father had commit suicide when Felton was 5 years old. A single summer reverses this all; during this time, he matures, grows big, and becomes very athletic. He is now a football star at school and this makes him more popular. Though it seems great, this triggers struggles at home and causes his family to go insane. Why? To piece the puzzle together, the new jock must find out about the mysterious past of his father.

When I saw this book, the first thing that I looked at was the cover. It was deceiving because I had thought it would have mainly been about football. I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would have because it was very dramatic. I would not recommend this book to someone that is interested in sports. Also, this book might not be appropriate for children that are not in at least eight grade.

~Akash, Teen Book Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment