Monday, March 19, 2012

Avalon High by Meg Cabot

I read the book Avalon High by Meg Cabot and I thought that it was a great book. The book is about a high school girl named Ellie who just moved to a new state. She is going to a new school and has left her friends back home. Her parents are professors of the Middle Ages and her father is researching information for a book that he is writing. They are always discussing what they are studying so Ellie has learned a lot about the Middle Ages as well.

She develops a huge crush on a senior named Will. They have strange feeling that they knew each other before. She notices that some of the people she meets in school have similar names and personalities to people she has learned about in the past. They are also involved in events and situations that remind her of stories of the days of King Arthur. Her teacher hints about reincarnation which makes her start to think about its possibilities.

I liked the book because it had a lot of action and romance in it . I think kids ages 11-13 would be able to relate to some of the experiences Ellie had. For example, Ellie has to make friends at her new school. I would rate this book a 4 on a scale from 1 to 5, 1 being the worst and 5 being the best. I hope other kids enjoy this book as much as I did.

~Alana, Teen Book Reviewer

No comments:

Post a Comment